Sunday, August 30, 2009

Reinventing the Lunch Box

For me, lunch is the most challenging meal of the day. I have to make something that I can take to work, and I'm always trying to find creative things to make lunch a little more fun. I work in an office setting, but I have my own mini-fridge and access to a microwave which makes my options a lot broader. 

I usually plan my meals for the week on weekends so I make the best use of the food in my pantry and don't overbuy when I head to the grocery store. This week I decided to make a quiche for my lunches for a variety of reasons:

1) You can throw just about anything in a quiche, like leftover vegetables and meats, and it's a great way to use up eggs. 
2) You can eat it all week. One quiche can make 4-6 meals and is easy to transport and reheat. You can even eat if for dinner one night if you don't feel like cooking. 
3) It's cheap, quick, and easy to make. 
4) It's more grown up and exciting than a turkey sandwich. 

I used mushrooms, asparagus, cheddar, and swiss in my quiche this week, but ham, bacon, broccoli, onions, and just about any cheese make great additions. The possibilities are endless and even the pickiest eater could find ingredients to make quiche. Who doesn't love cheese and eggs?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kerrin,

    I'm so happy to see you around! You have always been one of my favorite followers....LOL....I really felt a connection with ya. I'm glad to see you are back. I'm back on and I have been losing and have lost about 20 lbs. I have been really active on the boards so I have lost some steam on the blog. Good to see you around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kerrin

    I'm your first FOLLOWER!!!!!

    ReplyDelete